Memorial Hermann is reinstating a reduced visitor policy starting Dec. 29. (Courtesy Memorial Hermann)
According to a news release from Memorial Hermann, there will be very limited exceptions to this updated policy. All approved visitors will be required to clear a health screening before entering the facility and wear a Memorial Hermann-provided mask.
The updated policies are systemwide and as follows:
Acute care hospitals (adult)
- one visitor (age 18 and older) per patient per day
- no overnight visitors
- one adult visitor for day surgery patients will be allowed to remain on-site until the patient is discharged
- visiting hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- for inpatient rehabilitation, acute care pediatric, women’s services and hospice care visitor guidelines, see below
TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital (adult and pediatric) and Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy
- one visitor (age 18 and older) per patient per day; this same visitor may stay overnight
- visiting hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Pediatric/labor and delivery/antepartum/postpartum at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and all other Memorial Hermann acute care hospitals
- pediatric patients:
- two visitors per patient per day—the visitors must be either a parent/guardian or sibling age 12 and over; sibling visitors 12-17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- two parent/guardian visitors may stay overnight
- Laboring, antepartum and postpartum patients:
- two visitors (age 12 and over) per patient per day; visitors 12-17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 and over) visitor
- one of the adult visitors may stay overnight
- Age restrictions do not apply to visitors who present in the emergency center with a patient. Minors (age 17 and under) who accompany emergency center patients must remain with the patient.
- Visitors in the emergency centers may be further restricted, as needed, to maintain a safe environment for patients and the workforce.
Patients in isolation
- No visitors are allowed for patients in droplet or airborne isolation, including COVID-19, if the physician determines that visitation may result in transmission of an infectious disease and poses serious risk to community health.
- One adult visitor (age 18 and over) per day will be allowed for patients in contact and contact-plus isolation.
- Visitors may be required to wear additional PPE, if needed, and as directed by the unit staff.
Patients in hospice or supportive medicine care
- Family members and religious counselors may visit patients in hospice or supportive medicine care.
- Visiting hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Memorial Hermann Medical Group, outpatient imaging, sports medicine and rehabilitation
- Adult patients: No visitors except one primary caregiver, such as a guardian or adult caregiver of a dependent patient or individual accompanying patient with special needs will be allowed.
- Pediatric patients: One parent/guardian will be allowed for any pediatric patient visits. One additional parent will be allowed for pediatric patients under 18 months old and for patients needing discussion about developmental concerns. Reasonable accommodations will be made for pediatric visits, provided any sibling visitors are in good health.
- OB patients: No accompanying adult will be allowed for OB visits. One accompanying adult will be allowed for OB ultrasound visits.
TIRR Memorial Hermann outpatient rehabilitation, Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy outpatient rehabilitation and TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Medical Clinic
- Adult (18 and over) patients: no visitors
- Pediatric patients: one parent/guardian visitor
- Outpatient medical clinic patients who require assistance for care needs only will be allowed a visitor, which will be coordinated by the clinical team
- University Place continues to adhere to the state’s guidelines for nursing center visitation.
- Approved visitors will be required to clear a health screening before entering the facility as well as wear a Memorial Hermann-provided mask at all times. Visit http://memorialhermann.org/screening to complete online screening prior to arrival.